CRNs 12743/10067/19775 (lab is a separate course)
Dr. Todd Satogata / email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
TAs: Jiwan Poudel (email@example.com)
Fall Semester, Aug 27-Dec 09 2016
Some students have inquired about tutoring resources available at Old Dominion. Here are the resources that I'm aware of.
Peer Educator Program
ODU provides a Peer Educator tutor program, with information at
http://www.odu.edu/peereducator. Tutors hold both
drop-in and appointment-based tutoring sessions in the Library
Learning Commons, Room 1313, and online via WebEx. To view and sign-up
for tutor appointments using a system called MyTutor, follow these
You may also contact the Peer Educator Program with any questions at
(757) 683-7093, firstname.lastname@example.org, or in 1313 Learning Commons.
- Select MyTutor from your my.odu.edu portal.
- You will see your list of courses for the current term. Locate the
course you need help in and select Schedule Tutor Appt.
- If a tutor is available for this course, select your preferred
location from a drop-down menu.
- For in-person appointments, select 1313 Learning Commons -- Peer
- For online appointments, select Online via WebEx.
- Use the arrow and/or calendar tool to view tutoring availabilities
for each day of the week.
- Available appointment times will appear as open.
- Available drop-in times will appear in purple as drop-in.
Drop-in tutoring requires no prior appointment. Just show up to LC
1313, and tutors will see students on a first-come, first-serve
basis for 25 minutes.
- To schedule an appointment, select the open time block, and then
select Submit when you have determined you would like to schedule
- You will receive an email with appointment details, including
WebEx login info for online appointments.
- Your appointment will appear on your student home page. From
there, you may also cancel your appointment (at least 2 hours in
advance, or it is considered a no-show) by selecting the appointment
and Cancel Appointment.
Physics Department Tutors
The ODU Department of Physics maintains a list of potential physics
tutors available at
http://www.odu.edu/physics/resources/tutors. Note that these are
private tutors, and payment terms are arranged privately between you
and individual tutors.
Khan Academy Youtube Videos
Khan Academy has some excellent videos on all topics of physics that
we discuss in class. These are unfortunately not interactive, but they
may be helpful if you find you are getting stuck on a particular type
of problem or want to see how an example type of problem is solved.
Last update: 12 Sep 2016